Wow, it's been almost two months since I last posted. I could blame it on travel, work, or Bitty's potty training (which is going pretty well), but that would be inaccurate. There is one culprit.
The Public Broadcasting Service.
Namely, the Craft in America series. I've been gorging on episodes from my Apple TV while cross stitching. It may be close to becoming a problem. I've alternately wanted to quilt, work with wood, and buy a pottery wheel. The artisans are amazing! My husband accurately notes that I'd have to focus on just one medium if I hope to become as good. Details.
My favorite snippet so far showcased the Moulthrops in Georgia. The woodturning is fabulous, but even better, the second generation artist is an attorney! So there's hope for me yet.
http://video.pbs.org/video/2152624359/
http://www.moulthropstudios.com/index.html
And the quilting. Oh. My. Goodness. http://video.pbs.org/program/craft-in-america/
It's easy to see how I've been completely waylaid.
No comments:
Post a Comment