Friday, December 14, 2012

Good stuff in 20 minutes or less

Several weeks before Thanksgiving, I finished a craft that I was really looking forward to sending out. With Little Bit's help, I made some cards for recipients of the Elderly Nutrition Program, which I'd found on Volunteer Match. com.


He scribbled on the cards and the puppies, I filled them in, and we mailed them out, not expecting to hear anything else about it. However, the organization recently mailed a thank you card back, letting us know they had delivered the cards to their seniors. I was so excited!

So now, another batch of cards is ready:

I am equal opportunity when it comes to species.


And I wanted to provide the link, because it was so nice to find an opportunity to volunteer that I could do after work, at night, and with my toddler.

http://www.volunteermatch.org/search/opp696419.jsp

Cards can be mailed to:

Elderly Nutrition Program
40 N. East St., Suite C
Woodland, CA 95776

No comments:

Post a Comment