Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ode to the baby wipe

After a full day at home, I'm almost ready to begin chronicling last week's family vacation. However, before I do, I would like to give a "shout out" to that underappreciated and mundane worker bee of motherhood: the baby wipe.

Thank you, baby wipe, for going above and beyond on this vacation. Your regular duties are hard enough. But when you took chocolate out of the hotel duvet cover when Bitty drooled everywhere, I was amazed.

Thank you, baby wipe, for getting just about anything off the leather in the car, even if it's been hardening in a hot car for a week.

And thank you, baby wipe, for being there when the shower handle in the airport hotel came off in my hand at midnight after we'd traveled all day. You know how tough that day was, from the open-air airport in the Dominican Republic to the gauntlet that is customs. You know, because you were there.

I vow never to travel without you, baby wipe. You have my gratitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment