About a month ago, Bitty had an asthma attack, and the eczema accompanying it signaled that he was allergic to something. We immediately followed up and got a referral to an allergist, and yesterday I happily drove Bitty to his appointment. He was in high spirits, too, after we saw the construction site on Charlotte. A huge piece of equipment was pulling pieces off the building. He declared that it was "Rocky," the rescue crane on Thomas.
We had an interesting visit. The tests administered on his back drove him crazy, and we ended up singing Veggie Tales tunes as he tried to climb my torso, after Dinosaur Train on the phone lost its shine. The doctor performed a few of the tests twice to confirm the results, which impressed me. Then, after getting a lollypop, we stood at the edge of the parking garage and watched the cars go by. "Hey guy, where are you going?" he asked a jogger below.
He's been so itchy and wheezy, and finding the trigger was so wonderful.
But he was allergic to dogs.
So my husband and I had to worry about what to do about our sweet dog, Friday. We'd had her for four years, and she is a wonderful dog. She loves Bitty, too, and not only because he is constantly dropping food at dinner/leaving his snacks unattended/keeping his graham crackers within swiping distance.
Luckily, she's found a good home with Bitty's aunt, uncle, and cousin! They will be an amazing family for her- we know! We took her yesterday evening, and her new Golden Retriever sister was so excited. Bitty was so happy to see them, too. When I explained the situation to him as I drove him home from the sitter, he focused on the fact that he'd get to eat cake with my niece.
Today, I'm cleaning the house to get rid of the dander. The cats are edgy and follow me from room to room. I keep thinking I need to let Friday out to play in the backyard, but I know she's having an absolute blast where she is. Bitty's toys are, too, as they relax on a blanket after a soak in the washer.
![]() |
| Most fun picnic ever! |

No comments:
Post a Comment