Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I should clean more often!

Today is a cleanup day. I've had lots of outdoors cleaning on my to-do list for awhile, and now my patio furniture is covered in spiderwebs and mildew. Or algae; it may have been wet enough this summer to sustain algae.

I also decided to take the tops of my tables out and scrub the crayon off of them, since Bitty seems to be out of his "art is everywhere" phase. I got the tables in college at the Knoxville Area Rescue Mission thrift store, They were beaten up and scratched, and I enjoyed refinishing them. My husband researched their markings and found they were probably built in the 1930's. Here's one, with some of Bitty's work:

http://maternalcraftiness.blogspot.com/2012/11/scribbling-away.html

The tops are heavy stone and marked "Peruvian Marble" on the bottom. They are beige, and I thought it was a boring marble but never questioned it. While oxycleaning the crayon off, I started taking off paint!



It's unbelievable that someone painted the stone, and I might never have seen it without Bitty taking his crayon to it. Now I can't decide what to scrub next. I'm feeling lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment