Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Keeping it simple

If I lost my mind on Pinterest and tried about half the things I've pinned, my results would look like these projects. Or worse. 

http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/raising-kids/20-pinterest-craft-and-baking-fails#1

Sometimes you can get more mileage with a really simple idea. 

Last weekend, Bitty was paying more attention to my knitting then his breakfast, and I decided to gauge his interest in trying to sew. So I went to the recycling bin and cut a piece from a thin cardboard box. 


I drew a shirt and poked holes around the edges and up the middle. I decorated a bit, thinking he could color it later. Some yarn and my tapestry needle, and success!


Okay, he only worked it long enough to get a couple of pictures, but it was worth it. 

Fun fact: Chimney swifts are protected federally by the Migratory Bird Treaty and cannot be disturbed while nesting. That's why my fireplace is taped up. They're our cute little upstairs neighbors. 

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/birding/chimney-swift/






No comments:

Post a Comment