Monday, August 12, 2013

The diaper as art - diaper cakes

I recently constructed some diaper cakes for a joint baby shower. Both mothers were expecting boys, and I happened to be working with some really neat blue Homespun brand yarn, making hats. So I decided to decorate the cakes with yarn flowers and twine for a different look than the usual cakes covered in toys (although that's adorable, too!).

http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/homespun.htm

It was neat to see size one diapers again. I'd forgotten how small they are. 

It's been awhile!

Then I tightly wrapped them and banded them, and wrapped the bundles in twine to cover the rubber bands from the outside.


I thought they turned out well!


Always learning, though. I transported mine in tiers and constructed at the party, but this article has great ideas for being able to walk in with a ready-made cake: 

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Diaper-Cake 

No comments:

Post a Comment