Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bringing the party

Well, I had my first encounter with a restaurant that wouldn't let children in for dinner. I know people have strong feelings about it, and I know not everyone thinks my child is adorable when he's dancing in the aisle to the music playing overhead.

But I couldn't help but be offended- honestly, I've got my phone if things go south. Bitty can watch dancing cats, laugh, poach fries, and be perfectly pleasant. I don't like the rule, and I don't expect everyone in a crowd to act perfectly simply because I have enough money to occupy a booth. If I want to control everything, I stay home. Even then the cat tries to stick her head in my drink.

It was a welcome relief when we stopped next at Slow & Low BBQ off Charlotte Pike. They had a rocking pig!


What a nice place, and good food! He liked the pig and the windows behind the booth that he could run his trains on. We shared mac and cheese and Grammy gave him some fries. I'm glad we ended up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment