Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sir Bitty Hat

I was assigned the task to create a shed for Bitty's trains. Not only is he sleeping with them, which keeps him up creating trouble for them to get stuck in, but the trains on the windowsill get quite hot. The Dinosaur Train engine began running on its own one sunny Sunday, and it's not supposed to be solar. 

So we started out with this:

And I gathered some cardboard from my stash that had escaped the recycling. I blended some black paint with vermillion and orange, then applied it first with a brush. I then found that an old card scraped across the paint created a great effect for the brick I was creating.  



I added several more passes of paint then a brick pattern in black. 


And here are Bitty's train sheds, topped with black roofs and taped to the window:


They seem to like the accommodations!




No comments:

Post a Comment