Monday, July 15, 2013

Fixing up a Goodwill Find

This door hanger has been on my craft table for awhile. I originally bought it as a joke before we had Little Bit, but the bear has fallen off a couple of times since then. It's all wood and pretty sturdy otherwise, so I hated to get rid of it. (Just like I hate to get rid of anything.)



The first time it fell, I painted the bear in UT orange before gluing it back to the wood. So I thought I'd give Bitty a "Little Vol" door hanger. First I painted the entire thing blue, then I used a strong craft adhesive that cured over twenty-four hours. I dare that bear to fall off again. 

Then I began to paint the title and accents. I intended to add just a few swirls in the corners, but it was too fun to stop. 



The white dots were done by dipping the end of a paintbrush handle into metallic paint. I'm happy with it, and I can't wait until Bitty notices it this afternoon!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment