Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A good cry

My little guy has become a con artist. He began with the fake cry, which anyone could spot a mile away. Sometimes it would turn into a laugh when he figured out it wasn't going anywhere. But lately, he's been able to turn on the waterworks- actual tears running down his face- then turn them off in a second. I'm not mad. I'm impressed!

I don't mind a crying baby as much as I did before becoming a parent. In fact, I am a lot tearier than I used to be. Little things like finding a tiny infant sock in the back of the drawer - well, I'm not going to think about it. 

Crying is not a bad thing, though. In ancient Greece, it was considered masculine and courageous to shed tears. I get it. Perhaps the word needs to be spread that the strongest among us are the ones that need a tissue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/02/fashion/02Cultural.html?_r=0

And if you need a good cry, here's an article from Buzzfeed featuring powerful photos. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/most-powerful-photographs-ever-taken


No comments:

Post a Comment