Until today, I'd been itching to get out of town to a sunnier climate, and I'd found a list of kid-friendly towns that included San Antonio. I've been to San Antonio on a quick work-related trip, but I got to see the Riverwalk and the outside of the Alamo. I'd love to go there, or just anywhere warmer than thirty-two degrees, which thankfully now includes Nashville for the next couple of days.
http://www.parents.com/fun/vacation/10-best-cities-for-families-to-visit/?page=1
Oddly, this list doesn't include Flemington, New Jersey. What's there? Only the newest fascination at our house: Northlandz, the world's largest model railroad! My husband found a link to a video there, and we've watched it at least seven times in three days.
http://www.fastcocreate.com/3026454/see-sonys-amazing-pov-of-the-worlds-largest-model-railroad
When the photographer of miniatures guesses that you'll be "quite eccentric," odds are good he'll be right.
And there's an organ.
Since seeing the video, I've watched several others and read reviews; consensus seems to be that it's a fun place that's just this side of creepy. It's only a thirteen hour trip. It's also an hour from the Liberty Bell, so we could go there, too, if we had time.
No comments:
Post a Comment