http://www.historicnewengland.org/about-us/whats-new/museum-of-fine-arts-exhibits-sampler-from-historic-new-england2019s-collection
Almost a year ago, I picked up a copy of Jo Verso's "Picture it in Cross Stitch" at Goodwill. It sat in my shelves, and I'd bring it out and flip through it occasionally, wondering if I would ever have the time to do a family sampler of my own. Then I decided it didn't have to be a massive piece to be important!
So, with some 18 count Aida and a graph printed from StitchPoint, I designed a piece for my brother's birthday from the charts in the back of the book.
http://www.stitchpoint.com/eng/tool/grid/_intro_graphpaper.php
It was so much fun to decide on the color scheme and accessories. I took some liberties with the caduceus to add some color and represent his time at the University of Tennessee.
Ms. Verso's book has great instructions on finishing, ironing (because I carried it around everywhere), and framing.
| Let's get healing! |
Ms. Verso's book is available at the Main Branch of the Nashville Public Library.
http://www.library.nashville.org/
Found some beautiful, elaborate charts here- where else can you get fifteen years worth of entertainment for seven dollars?
http://www.carriagehousesamplings.com/favorites01.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment