Sunday, October 28, 2012

Winning weekend

Many thanks to my husband, who did not wake the baby when his team won the World Series.

We just got back from a great retreat with our church to Beersheba Springs. It was chilly, overcast and rainy, but we had a wonderful time with friends. Little Bit had a new challenge in trying to keep up with the older kids, and I think the Halloween party had him puzzled. We knew it would be too much this year to hike Stone Door or Greeter Falls. But that's just more reason to go back.

View from the top


I wish I'd looked into the history before I went- and these old photographs show some of the buildings and the hotel we occupied.

http://www.tennessee.gov/tsla/exhibits/tnresorts/beersheba.htm

We went to Beersheba Porcelain Saturday afternoon. It was fantastic; I could have browsed all day, but Bitty was also very interested in their offerings.

http://www.beershebaporcelain.com/pots.html

Luckily there was a little koi pond outside in the garden to keep him busy. We left around the time he started leaning over and saying, "Dive, dive!" like he does in the bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment