Friday, December 27, 2013

Winding thru Winter: Catching up

I'm not sure what parents did before Pinterest. After I win the lottery, Pinterest will keep me busy with all the pictures I need to make using hands and feet, different games to play in the tub, and the dress-up outfits I need to construct for Bitty. Then I can think about the cat projects.

As Bitty turned three this year, I decided I'd ask him the Birthday questions I'd found in several places. I chose the list from "In the Mommy Business," because it seemed more straightforward. 

http://www.inthemommybusiness.com/2012/01/birthday-20-questions.html

Keep in mind, the boy has not read "How to Win Friends and Influence People."It's tough to get him to carry on a decent conversation that's not about Thomas. So a few days after his birthday, I corralled him and asked him as many questions as I could before he scooted past me and out the door. Here are the results:

1. Favorite Color: Pink
2. Favorite Toy: Salty (the engine; to be fair, he had it in his hands at the time)
3. Favorite Fruit: Oranges
4. Favorite TV Show: Pocoyo
5. Favorite Movie: Misty Island Rescue
6. Favorite Thing to Wear: Dress like a superhero
7. Favorite Animal: Pig

I was surprised at this one, but pressed on without further questioning. I was losing him. 

8. Favorite Song: Misty Island Rescue (which he has memorized)
9. Favorite Book: Thomas and the Naughty Diesel
10. Best Friend: Himself (perhaps we've pushed the self-sufficiency too far)
11. Favorite thing to Eat: Bread (that may be why he's his own best friend)
12. Favorite thing to Drink: Milk
13. Favorite Game: Paw Patrol Game (players guess which of four puppies is being described)
14. Favorite Holiday: Santa
15. What do you sleep with? Grammy and Pa
16. What do you want to be when you grow up? A leaf pile 

Here's hoping he makes more friends and learns better games in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment