Friday, April 12, 2013

"An intelligence test sometimes shows a man how smart he would have been not to have taken it." - Laurence J. Peter

I found this fascinating article on Slate yesterday.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/how_babies_work/2013/04/10/parental_ethnotheories_and_how_parents_in_america_differ_from_parents_everywhere.html

By the way, my child is pretty intelligent. 

After reading this article, I was inspired by the thought of the Kenyans who prize responsibility and decided to try a bit harder to get Little Bit to help around the house. I started last night, after a wild shopping excursion to Green Hills Mall, with the laundry. And it worked- I handed him shirts, and he threw them into the washer! I capitalized on his love of throwing things into water. I was well acquainted with after seeing him throw approximately three dollars into the fountain earlier. 

But at least it was our stuff being thrown this time. Word to the wise, don't give him any really nice photo props around the pond at Centennial Park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment