Monday, April 29, 2013

Endless ABCs

Friday evening, Bitty found a new favorite word on his "Endless ABCs" app on my phone. This application features cute monsters who run through and agitate letters in often two- and three-syllable words, which Bitty must then put back into place. Once finished, it triggers a cute skit to demonstrate the meaning of the word.

http://www.parenting.com/blogs/children-and-technology-blog/jeana-lee-tahnk/app-learning-letters

On Friday his favorite was "demolish." He, my husband, and I all completed the word again and again so we could watch a determined, red, spiky monster execute a flying side kick through a block tower. Little Bit and I started saying "Bam!" when he hit it. He got so excited that, at one point, he butted my head as I was holding the phone! Glad that didn't catch on. 

Then Saturday evening, my husband and I snickered quietly and ran video as he laughed, over and over, at "vegetable." In that skit, a larger monster tricks a small one into eating broccoli by performing a "bait and switch" with a pink cupcake. Bitty rolled with laughter each time the little monster discovered the deception and said, "Eww!" This went on without stopping for over four minutes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment