http://www.slate.com/blogs/how_babies_work/2013/04/17/history_of_baby_books_parents_recorded_children_s_lives_because_they_weren.html?wpisrc=obnetwork
The part describing the advertising resulting from businesses discovering that "babies are a wonderful excuse for consumption"is interesting; that phenomenon has been going on awhile! I've long said that I'm a "job creator," especially for those making or marketing anything with a train on it.
Yesterday, we had Little Bit's aunt, uncle, and cousin over for lunch and a trip to Earth Day at Centennial Park. There were no trains there- the coal thing, I guess. I tried a new veggie cheese enchilada recipe from Food Network's website, and it was delicious.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aida-mollenkamp/veggie-cheese-enchiladas-recipe/index.html
Then, after finding a parking space across the street, we dove into the booths at the Earth Day fair. We got some yellow poplar posters from the Metro Tree Advisory, but the highlight of the experience was dancing and music from a community in Pulaski. Unfortunately, Bitty was asleep in his stroller by the time we saw them. But he did share a bit of his cousin's funnel cake and got to see many dogs out enjoying the beautiful breezy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment