Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall Applesauce

Ah, I love beads, and this is a great blog post.

http://schulmanart.blogspot.com/2013/10/diy-beading-from-natures-gifts.html

No time for beading today, though; I've got cooking to do! But before I set off, I'm enjoying some of my hard work from a few days ago. I made my third batch of applesauce, and I think I've got the hang of it.

After searching for recipes, I blended a few together and threw the following mixture in a crock pot on low for eight hours:

1 dozen apples
1 tbsp vanilla
1 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
couple shakes of cinnamon

Buzzed in the Magic Bullet until Smooth

Bitty doesn't like it. Since I have no apple corer, I put the apples in unpeeled, and it comes out pink and not at all like the sauce he likes. His loss is my gain, swirled in my oatmeal this morning with some almonds!

No comments:

Post a Comment