http://photos.ellen.warnerbros.com/galleries/babies_in_pumpkins
Little Bit was a pumpkin on his first Halloween. He's always been so spirited!
| I pinned some Dollar Store foam onto a Dollar General shirt. |
Going to get some looming done today. I've found a great way to make a shawl by looping the petals of my loomed flowers together as I'm making them. I use a tapestry needle to loop the yarn under as I'm winding, which means I have to precut my yarn for each flower.
They could be stitched together, too, but this is making a nice open pattern that is more uniform than the stitched one I'm trying out.
I'm not quite to this level, yet, but this is what's possible with the flower looms!
http://www.thesweetdiabetic.com/sherrycreates/2010/11/gorgeous-vintage-blue-loom-knitted-flower-afghan-throw-from-sherry-createscom-.html
I love the looms because you can do so much with them. This homemade loom wouldn't sustain my level of use, but it would be good for someone looking to try the craft without the expense, or for tailoring sizes: http://www.craftastical.com/2010/03/tutorial-loom-flowers-without-loom.html
Other people have such good ideas!

No comments:
Post a Comment