Monday, October 14, 2013

Finding Fall: Follow that Corn!

We met my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and niece at Lucky Ladd Farms on Saturday to challenge the corn maze. I came home on that night exhausted, with the placement of my sandal straps still visible when I took them off. (I would not recommend wearing Tevas to a working farm.) And it was great!

We started with the corn maze after waking Bitty up from a short nap on the ride over. He was a little irritated until he saw the corn maze and quickly recalled that Curious George had once tackled one. So into the corn we went. Bitty wanted to follow his cousin at first, then took the lead on several turns, saying, "Follow that Corn!" Not a workable strategy, I know. 


His cousin was so sweet to take him on the Tractor Train with her. He was not excited to go. It consisted of cut plastic barrels on wheels being pulled behind a tractor, so I thought he'd really need to jump on to enjoy it. She reported that he tried to order the train to stop a few times, but as long as no one leaps from it, I call it a success.

Then we hit the corn box, in which children raked seed corn into dump trucks and buckets. Little Bit buried three of his trains in the corn, lost sight of them, and forgot about them. I made no friends in the corn box as I had to coax them from little tykes who thought they'd found buried corn box treasure. He'd remember Mavis sooner or later, and if she wasn't there, I'd pay dearly.  

He reported his favorite part of the day to be the slides. So many slides, and such controlled chaos. One hill looked like a Walmart shipping center, with kids flying off all sides. His cousin went down several with him.

He'll be asking for this renovation next.


Little Bit surprised me by willingly going up the Monster Slide. He laughed all the way down, then asked to go up again!

It was a fantastic day, but making memories wears me out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment