Sunday, January 19, 2014

Winding thru Winter: Celebrating with friends and bacon

Yesterday was my little sister's baby shower, so I had a wonderful time with friends and family. And cake. The cake was adorable and delicious, and the games were lots of fun. We played a variation of "telephone" with index cards and drawings. It was so funny, I'm considering the board game version, Telestrations.

http://www.amazon.com/Telestrations-Telephone-Game-Sketched-Out/dp/B001SN8GF4

I also took the opportunity to make an intriguing appetizer, the bacon-wrapped cracker. Due to the sheer amount of bacon involved, I doubted it was the best thing for me and my husband to nosh as we watched a movie. There were several different variations of the recipe, but I tried the Pioneer Woman's, with sprinkled parmesan cheese between the bacon and club cracker. It was awesome!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/12/flashback_1981_-_holiday_bacon_appetizers/

And I'm sure I've mentioned that I love my knitting loom. I created a baby headband using a pattern from Caring Caps, and I knitted matching flowers for the diaper cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu2mgnLUHeM

I covered the seam with pink and white flowers- I'm sure I'll get lots of pictures once my niece arrives!


Bitty had a great time with his grandparents while my husband and I partied. When we got back, he'd watched 2011's Little Engine that Could, loosely based on a book that he's had no interest in up to this point. The animation and the addition of the Nightmare Train got him saying, "I think I can, I think I can!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment