Thursday, January 30, 2014

Winding thru Winter: Spaghetti Bake

Until now, I've had a problem making small amounts of spaghetti. When it was just me and my husband, I could never get the sauce to noodle ratio right; we'd always have more of one than the other. Then Little Bit came along. He loves spaghetti, so I mix the entire jar with the whole pound of pasta.

That leads to leftovers. There aren't many leftover dishes less enticing than spaghetti. I realize there are some who disagree, who love the way the sauce soaks into the noodles. But just the way it comes out shaped like the container and looking like some sort of organ makes me want to order takeout.

Spaghetti was the (smallish) bane of my existence. But no longer.

I found a recipe for leftover spaghetti lasagna that has changed everything spaghetti-related.

 http://allrecipes.com/recipe/left-over-spaghetti-lasagna/

The original recipe poster over-hypes it a bit; it's solid, but you won't see it on the Palm menu anytime soon. The thing I love about this easy recipe is that you can make it as you store your leftover spaghetti. Dinner is topped with mozzarella, covered, and ready to go for the next night or two, with very little time spent in prep. Extra time is always appetizing!

Corny, I know.

Okay, I'll stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment