Thursday, January 9, 2014

Winding thru Winter: Citing authority milestone

I don't know if many other parents would be as impressed as I was yesterday when my babysitter called me laughing about Little Bit. It's always disconcerting to see your sitter's number at work, but this was well worth the initial worry. 

She has a stash of Dum Dums lollypops on the counter in full view (I guess kind of an "eyes on the prize" thing for the boys). My son asked for one, and she replied that he could have one after he finished his lunch. "My pah-wents want me to have one," he attested. "And they want one, too."

Cute and scary! He knew he didn't have much weight to throw around. My husband and I, both attorneys, appreciated his ability to cite authority. However, it was a tad inaccurate! Bitty is no officer of the court. 

The worst part? You know we wouldn't have seen that second lollypop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment