I saved Little Bit's baby food jars in my old closet at my parent's house for this project. At first, I'm sure I couldn't recycle them- they were Bitty's, not just some wine bottle! Later, after some Pinterest-ing, I found that some crafty folks were making adorable baby shower favors with them!
The one I had picked out had a mod podge top, but I was slammed at work almost three years later when I needed to break out my skills. When I began decorating with my mom, I had some ribbons from my stash and some stickers that I ordered and had sent ahead.
The jars didn't look like any that I'd seen online. I worried, even as they were filled with Hershey kisses and packed into a box. I asked my husband what he thought about them. "Free candy," he replied.
Oh yeah! They're cute, not as I'd envisioned, but still covered in ribbon and filled with chocolate. Not too shabby (or maybe shabby chic?).
No comments:
Post a Comment