Although at times it's tough to understand the word groupings that Little Bit offers (and sometimes it's only trumpet sounds!), it is so interesting when he's adamant about a course of action. Even more so when he has an opinion, but I have to disagree with his attempts to change the channel while we watched Downton Abbey.
On Monday night, as I was bathing him, he wanted his new aligator bath toy to try to nibble his toes. After I "attacked" for what had to be the seven hundredth time, I turned the aligator around and protested that he was tired in a high, cartoon voice. Bitty looked at him, met his plastic, beady eyes, and very seriously said, "Mine, mine, mine." Well, then, back to work!
Also, yesterday morning he was as chipper as could be. He got up, ate, and got dressed while laughing and playing with his fleet of trains. He's usually a night owl and tough to get up, so I was happy to see a bit of his mommy in him. But this morning, even more than usual, he was back to being a daddy's boy. I came in and folded his blanket across the side rail of his bed; he rolled over and shielded his eyes from the lamp. Then he got up, walked to his dresser, and leaned against it with his forehead while groping overhead for the cloth on the changing table. Then he found the cloth and took it back to bed with him to get some shut-eye.
No comments:
Post a Comment