I had such a good Saturday, despite some tough moments since Little Bit didn't get much of a nap. We first went to an estate sale, where Bitty zoned in on a little black and silver train on a table covered with odds and ends. My husband and I hadn't even noticed it. When we got it back home and replaced it's battery, it rolled and made chugging noises- a good surprise!
I found these earrings- surely I can use these for some fun craft. The clip on backs came off fairly easily with a small hammer tapped onto a wedged screwdriver.
After lunch, we tried to get our toddler to rest. Every time I try to get Bitty to take an early nap, he resists as if I'm trying to trick him somehow. So I ended up carrying him half-asleep into the Shelby Bottoms Nature Center yesterday to paint on some old credit cards covered in gesso.
It was so much fun! The leader tried to get him to wash his brush between different colors of paint, but he ended up making his own stripy formulations to smear on the cards. Then she had us mount them on card stock with velcro, so that the receiver can take them off and display them- such a good idea! The craft kept his attention for a good thirty minutes, which is pretty amazing.
Shelby Bottoms had flowers and fish and painting, while Little Bit had no nap. That equals dragging a shrieking, squirming toddler back to the car one-handed with wet paintings in the other. Olympic sports have nothing on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment