Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Spring Looming

It is wonderful now that the weather matches the calendar! Another harbinger of Spring is all the graduation celebration, which I took part in this weekend with the medical school graduation of my little brother. So proud of him! He's now a doctor of osteopathic medicine, which is such an interesting and creative practice. I wish him and all the other Spring grads the best!

I was hard at work in my free time this weekend, as my husband and Bitty didn't make the trip. It was a long car ride followed by two hours of ceremony, then back in a quick trip. I empathized as I watched Bitty's peers squirm and shriek in the auditorium. I threw my Spring feeling into my projects, and began with one that I had worked before off this video: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi94cU5dtJY

I wasn't happy with my first try, but I kept at it and got progressively better. I think this one is quite cute!


I used acrylic baby sport yarn for the body, doubled the strands since it was lighter weight, and used a "two-over-one" e-wrap method to make it a little stronger for the polyfill. I also used my flower loom for a garden of cute bobby pins. I love that I can use the last scraps of my yarn for these!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment