Thursday, November 29, 2012

All Croaked Up

Little Bit enjoys running around our couch, and he usually forces us to join in by grabbing our legs and pointing until we take off. This evening he was mixing it up by occasionally stopping, doing his version of a jump (he's not quite off the ground yet) and giving a high-pitched "ribbit." 

We've always compared him to a frog. When he was small, he would snuggle into sleep in a frog-like position against us, and he still sleeps with his bottom in the air. So his first birthday was frog themed. We had frog soaps as favors and an adorable cake with frogs all over it. I also spent many an evening folding origami frogs to decorate with, from this pattern on one of my favorite sites: 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacquedavis/3051222260/in/set-72157605609557222

(The artist also does some amazing embroidery.) So many frogs, my husband compared it to the biblical plague. 

This birthday has an ABC theme, since Little Bit loves working with the letters. I have some teacher's borders and some coloring pages for the party this weekend, and I'm decorating with flash cards. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment