Sunday, November 11, 2012

Back to reality

I'm back after a great weekend Christmas shopping with my mom and sister! We stayed in Cool Springs two nights and hit that mall hard, but we also got to Opry Mills with Little Bit to give my husband a chance to run some Saturday errands. I forgot my stroller, so we rented the one that looked like a red race car. He loved the steering wheel and probably endured it much longer than he would have his usual transportation.

I think the race car put Bitty in the mood to run. The Reebok store had blue lines imprinted into the floor to make two running lanes on a small track, and Bitty would wait for a "Ready, set, GO!"to start charging down the track. He started in one lane for a lap, then made another lap waddling with a foot in each. Then kept going. As the day progressed, he began races on the edges of the halls, where the tiles are different accent colors. He announced his own starts and began crouching before taking off.

The Cool Springs Santa was out and had few lines. Going to try the pic earlier this year to avoid this:

That Santa is a true professional.

Got back and settled, then we all suited up in light jackets and took advantage of the fading light. Little Bit and the puppy are good playmates now, and he enjoyed watching her play in the leaves. I made grilled cheese for dinner, and Bitty ate his pear quite artistically. Admittedly, I'm biased.


No comments:

Post a Comment